Do you want to take on the challenge of being the leader of a social startup?
About the position
As a team leader, are responsible for the coordination and motivation of your team.
Making sure that your team is as cohesive and productive as possible will be one of
your main tasks. Together with your team members, you will be responsible for
brainstorming ideas, contacting companies and institutions, and making critical
decisions about the venture. You will be the person accountable for the progress of
the venture and as well as the main contact with the board. You will have the
opportunity to recruit your own team in September as well as have the flexibility to
determine the objectives of your venture depending on its stage and need. Each
venture is coached by one person of the board to guide you and support you in your
About the venture
The Innovation Team is a new venture of Enactus EUR. The overall mission of the
Innovation Team is to reduce food waste in Rotterdam. Our current team follows
different initiatives to tackle food waste on various sides. The three outputs which we
are working on are vegetable-based spreads, chips-based fudges and coffee-based
cups. All these outputs contribute to our mission as we use the rest-streams from a
farmer and wholesaler. While we were developing these ideas, we validated the
underlying assumptions about demand and supply. These validated assumptions are
very useful for the next team as it ensures you to work on something which can
work in the real world!
The task of the next team is to scale our current initiatives. Scaling may be
challenging at times but it will surely also be an exciting journey for you and your
team. The overall goal is to stabilize the venture with regards to its several outputs.
Specifically, you need to focus on the production processes, the underlying logistics
and distributors. The venture is not only exciting because of its social mission but
also because it helps you to develop entrepreneurial skills and mechanisms which
you can surely leverage in future
What we offer
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully build a self-sustaining social
- Recruit your own team in September!
- Gain knowledge and practical experience in conducting research
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful
framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s
capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we look for
- Creativity – you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness – willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure.
Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability – people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through
on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for
people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being
a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so
we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- As a team leader, 14 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this
- The duration of the position is from June 2019-2020
Interested? Apply here!