Do you want to experience what it is like to build a social start-up?
As a team leader, are responsible for the coordination and motivation of your team. Making sure that your team is as cohesive and productive as possible will be one of your main tasks. Together with your team members, you will be responsible for brainstorming ideas, contacting companies and institutions, and making critical decisions about the venture. You will be the person accountable for the progress of the venture and as well as the main contact with the board. You will have the opportunity to recruit your own team in September as well as have the flexibility to determine the objectives of your venture depending on its stage and need. Each venture is coached by one person of the board to guide you and support you in your function.
You will be responsible for running a startup of Enactus EUR with 3 other students. Together with your team, you grow your startup, make strategic decisions, become aware of your need group’s struggles and ensure that the startup creates positive social impact while being financially sustainable. Depending on the startup’s development phase, you will be creating or tweaking the business plan, maintaining contact with social organizations, building prototypes.
Smaak aims to integrate immigrants and refugees from diverse backgrounds into the Dutch society. In doing so, they are trying to set grounds for a catering business. By following their passion and communicating in dutch while organizing the catering and cooking, sMaak is helping these people in furthering their integration process by helping them escape loneliness and be more financially independent. Because the women comes from different backgrounds they found two things they share: a passion for cooking and finding each other in a new country!
The focus of Smaak is on growth and stabilization as it is in the late stage of our building-ventures-framework . You and your team will be focusing on finding more customers, fine-tunning the business model, and preparing the venture for exiting Enactus EUR.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully build a self-sustaining social start-up
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Sharpen your business acumen
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Creativity– you do not only see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness– willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability– people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- Speaking Dutch is a prerequisite.
- We are looking for 2 Team Members, preferably Dutch speaking.
- As a team leader, 14 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position. As a team member, 10 hours a week is expected.
- The duration of the position is from October 2019 until June 2020