Do you want to make sure that our ventures are making measurable and positive social impact?
About the Team Member position
In order to find out if the venture is making tangible impact, we created the Impact Measurement and Consulting team. You will be responsible for advising the venture teams on the effectiveness of their actions towards social well-being. How? By measuring the impact the ventures intend to have, consulting with them on existing evidence based interventions and evaluating their experiments. The measurements collected by the IMC are used at the Enactus Netherlands National competition in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the ventures and social impact achieved throughout the year.
Each member of the team will be assigned to a particular Enactus EUR venture. You will be the consultant of the start-up, their right hand on the social impact of the business. You will advise the team on the latest developments in social entrepreneurship and mentor them through the process. We will teach you how to build a social and sustainable venture using our 5-phase process. You will use this toolkit to help the ventures turn theory into practice. It goes without saying that you will exercise your communication, creativity, critical thinking, research skills and intellectual curiosity. Lastly, you will be part of an enthusiastic team of social entrepreneurs who want to have a positive impact on the lives of priority need groups in Rotterdam, whilst learning and growing together.
What will you do?
- Measure the impact of your assigned venture.
- Advise and guide your assigned venture, ensuring they do not forget about the social side of their business.
- Regularly meet with your IMC committee and Head of Project Management to inform them about the progress of your venture(s).
What we are looking for
- Communication skills – ability to deliver well-structured and professional
communication both in a written and verbal form.
- Analytical skills – good data collection and analysis skills.
- Curiosity – being interested in new ideas, people, attitudes and experiences.
- Research skills – ability to find relevant and interesting information and ability to
filter out unnecessary parts.
- Demonstrate reliability – you exhibit a strong sense of reliability; people can count on you to get work done, you follow up on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Listen actively – you absorb, understand and consider different types of ideas.
Specifics about the position
- We are recruiting 3 team members for the IMC Committee.
- As a team member, 3-5 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position.