As the Head of Events, you will be in charge of the events team, responsible for planning
events for active as well as passive members. Social activities are a huge part of the
Enactus experience, therefore, we put a lot of value into our social events. We have
organized social activities ranging from bowling to ice-skating, to the trampoline park and
even a cycle dinner where members welcomed each other at their homes for each course of
dinner. Of course there are also bigger events to organise, like the active members weekend
in the Netherlands and one abroad. You are responsible for “the agenda” of the organisation
and it is thus important that you know how to plan ahead.
As we like to make sure that Enactus EUR is an organization that students enjoy and have
the best experience we also organize a special weekend for active members; the “Active
Members Weekend”. This year we had the opportunity to take an unforgettable trip to Poland
where we bonded stronger than ever and made memories that none of us will ever forget.
Next to all the social activities we also got a closer contact with study associations like ECE,
CSA, ESN and UNICEF that we have also planned joint events with. These are all the things
to just start with because as head of events you will have the freedom to choose events as
well as have the choice of selecting the perfect cooperations that give you the opportunity of
other amazing events. You have all the freedom to decide what you think fits best!
What we offer
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully guide an organization
- Coach a venture and Committee of your choice!
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework
for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are
used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we look for
- Creativity – you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness – willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is
part of learning.
- Reliability – people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on
assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for
people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the organization
so we need motivated people that want to constantly improve Enactus EUR!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- Speaking Dutch is preferred.
- Approximately 18 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position.
- The duration of the position is from June 2019-2020
- A monetary compensation is given to all board members
Interested? Apply here!