Do you want to experience what it is like to build a social start-up?
You will be responsible for running a startup of Enactus EUR with 3 other students. Together with your team, you grow your startup, make strategic decisions, become aware of your need group’s struggles and ensure that the startup creates positive social impact while being financially sustainable. Depending on the startup’s development phase, you will be creating or tweaking the business plan, maintaining contact with social organizations, building prototypes.
CoCo is a new venture by Enactus EUR created in 2017. The aim of the venture is to reduce loneliness among youth (ages 14-18) in Rotterdam, since too many young people still feel lonely. We fight loneliness by connecting the youth to various volunteering activities, where they work in a group to complete the given activity. Afterwards they have the opportunity to receive social rewards for their efforts. The rewards are specifically designed to have a social aspect and to be enjoyed by multiple people at once. This gives the youth the opportunity to redeem them with people they met or worked with while volunteering. In doing so, the youth will not only get to know the people they volunteered with but are also given the chance to spend time together outside of the activity and begin to build meaningful relationships. Overtime, it is expected that the youth will be able to improve their social skills and create a sense of purpose and friendship, while benefiting their community through the work they volunteer for.
CoCo is currently on the testing phase. This means that their focus is on organizing pilots in order to refine their business model.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully build a self-sustaining social start-up
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Sharpen your business acumen
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Creativity– you do not only see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness– willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability– people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- Speaking Dutch is a prerequisite.
- We are looking for 3 Dutch speaking team members. As a team member you need about 10 hours per week
- The duration of the position is from October 2019 until June 2020