How can we make our member’s learning and discovery experience as fun as possible?
About the position
One of the key takeaways of joining Enactus is learning the mindset of a social entrepreneur: not only the business side of things (marketing, finance, scaling and etc.), but also the academic and social side. This is why we have established EASE, which brings people together from different fields to learn more about social entrepreneurship. You will be conducting needs assessment with all our ventures and committees to see what knowledge and skills they are lacking. Based on the needs passement, you will organize specific workshops that address those needs. Basically, you will enable social entrepreneurs to developing successful social start-ups.
Examples of workshops include learning about the skills and/or meaning of social entrepreneurship, developing leadership skills or team building. Have other ideas? Go ahead and organize! You have the freedom and autonomy to decide and see the outcomes of your work as the events become reality. EASE is still in the making, so we can shape it together!
What we offer
- Gain indispensable communications skills
- Increase your professional network by approaching and working closely with speakers, consultants, and other stakeholders
- Experience in the field of organizational learning and development
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands! (June 7th, 2019)
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we are looking for
- Proactiveness– drive to approach potential speakers, come up with new ideas about workshops, and execute workshops/events.
- Reliability– people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a social entrepreneurship community
- Motivation – your effort will dictate the success of your workshops and events so we need motivated people!
- Commitment – we are looking for people that are willing to stay in the position for next year as well (preferred but not necessary)
Specifics about the position
- We are recruiting for 3 team members for EASE. You will be working with a team member (just like you!) with experience with the committee as well as the Head of Events
- As a team member, 8 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position