Think Tank Committee
Do you want to decide which problem area our next Innovation Team should focus on and have the oportunity to become the next Innovation Team?!
You will be responsible for identifying the most pressing problem areas in Rotterdam using evidence-based research. You will need to conduct not only desk research but also field research, such as contacting the potential need group of an identified problem or collaborating with stakeholders closest to the specific challenge. Your goal as a group is to gather information about different problem areas so that you can determine which one our future ventures should focus on. For example, last year’s Think Tank identified Food Waste as the most pressing problem area. As our mission at Enactus EUR is to tackle the most pressing societal challenges in Rotterdam, you will be playing an important part at the organization in ensuring that our ventures use their energy and resources where they are needed the most. After you done the research during this 6 months, you will have the opportunity to be part of the Innovation Team next academic year.
What we offer
- Become part of the Innovation Team next academic year (as you already done the research of the problem area they will focus on)
- Gain knowledge and practical experience in conducting research
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands! (June 7th, 2019)
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we look for
- Creativity– you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness– willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability– people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your effort will dictate the success of your venture (i.e., start-up) so we need motivated people in order for the venture to work.
- Commitment – we are looking for people that are willing to stay in the position for next year as well.
Specifics about the position:
- We are recruiting 1 team member for the Think Tank Committee
- As a team member, 8 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position.