Do you want to experience what it is like to run a social start-up?
About the position
Lekkernij focuses on socialization with the elderly by bringing them together! The goal of the venture is to reduce loneliness amongs the elderly. At first, Lekkernij was about baking delicious cookies with elderly. This year’s team however, realized that an easier and more feasable option for working with the elderly would be to make jam. These jams are sold to the people of Rotterdam. During this process, the elderly can see how much they have made other people happy with their delicious products while also having fun while doing it.
The team is currently testing the feasibility of the business model so its looking for 2 motivated new team members to join them!
You will thus be responsible for running the already existing startup of Enactus EUR with 3 other students. The focus of Lekkernij is on testing the business model concept in order to determine its feasibility. There is a lot of room for changes! You and your team will be focusing on establishing the business plan, seek contact with social organizations, and build prototypes.
What we offer
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully build a self-sustaining social start-up
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and be part of the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands! (June 7th, 2019)
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we are looking for
- Creativity– you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness– willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability– people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your effort will dictate the success of your venture (i.e., start-up) so we need motivated people in order for the venture to work.
- Commitment – we are looking for people that are willing to stay in the position for next year as well.
- Speaking Dutch language is preferred
Specifics about the position
- We are recruiting 2 team member for Lekkernij. You will join a team of 3 members (just like you!) with experience with the venture.
- 8 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position