Do you want to experience what it is like to run a social start-up?
About the position
Organobike delivers organic fruit baskets to offices in Rotterdam. There are two goals at OrganoBike: promote a healthy lifestyle and be Rotterdam’s most sustainable fruit delivery! Their goals are achieved by making weekly deliveries of organic fruit from local farmers. Consuming our organic fruit is not only better for your health because it is not filled with pesticides like non-organic fruit, but it is also more environmentally friendly as our fruits are delived with bikes. This year OrganoBike served over eight offices in Rotterdam and showed a substantial growth in profit.
You will thus be responsible for running the already existing startup of Enactus EUR with 3 other students. The focus of OrganoBike is on growth and stabilization as it is in the late stage of our building-ventures-framework . You and your team will be focusing on finding more customers, fine-tunning the business model, and preparing the venture for exiting Enactus EUR.
What we offer
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully build a self-sustaining social start-up
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands! (June 7th, 2019)
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we are looking for
- Creativity– you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness– willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability– people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your effort will dictate the success of your venture (i.e., start-up) so we need motivated people in order for the venture to work.
- Commitment – we are looking for people that are willing to stay in the position for next year as well.
- Speaking Dutch language is preferred
Specifics about the position
- We are recruiting 1 team member for OrganoBike. You will join a team of 4 members (just like you!) with experience with the venture.
- 8 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position