Do you want to take on the challenge of being the leader of a social startup?
About the position
As a team leader, are responsible for the coordination and motivation of your team.
Making sure that your team is as cohesive and productive as possible will be one of
your main tasks. Together with your team members, you will be responsible for
brainstorming ideas, contacting companies and institutions, and making critical
decisions about the committee. You will be the person accountable for the progress
of the venture and as well as the main contact with the board. You will have the
opportunity to recruit your own team in September as well as have the flexibility to
determine the objectives of your committee. Each committee is coached by one
person of the board to guide you and support you in your function.
About the committee
The Impact Measurement and Consulting (IMC) committee identifies, monitors and enhances the impact Enactus EUR’s ventures have on society. Next to helping the ventures shape their measurement methods, IMC assists in striking the right balance between evidence-based impact and a sustainable business model and consults on how to improve both.
The committee is uniquely positioned in the organisation, as it is highly involved in the development and growth of all ventures, while keeping a critical independent eye on their effectiveness and speed of progress. As this makes IMC a central node, it has a key network function to progressively identify issues seen in other ventures and spread lessons learned. Through their work, IMC Consultants gather valuable insights on the different approaches, problem areas, business models and tactics used by the different ventures. It is the committee’s responsibility to make sure this knowledge is accumulated and shared across the organisation, to increase the effectiveness of Enactus as a whole. As our Impact Measurement and Consulting Team Leader, you hold a key role in facilitating knowledge sharing within the team to enable this network function.
We are looking for someone who excels at facilitating high-performing teams, has a tirelessly proactive attitude, and quickly knows his way throughout the organisation. In addition, we also expect you to be an excellent consultant that is capable of mastering the available tools, identifying roadblocks and strongly communicating recommendations to support the ventures on their tougher issues.
What we offer
- Creativity – you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Recruit your own team in September!
- Gain knowledge and practical experience in conducting research
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful
framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s
capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we look for
- Proactiveness – willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure.
Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability – people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through
on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for
people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being
a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so
we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- As a team leader, 14 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this
- The duration of the position is from June 2019-2020
Interested? Apply here!