Do you want to take on the challenge of being the leader of a social startup?
About the team leader position
As a team leader, are responsible for the coordination and motivation of your team.
Making sure that your team is as cohesive and productive as possible will be one of
your main tasks. Together with your team members, you will be responsible for
brainstorming ideas, contacting companies and institutions, and making critical
decisions about the venture. You will be the person accountable for the progress of
the venture and as well as the main contact with the board. You will have the
opportunity to recruit your own team in September as well as have the flexibility to
determine the objectives of your venture depending on its stage and need. Each
venture is coached by one person of the board to guide you and support you in your
About the team member position
You will be responsible for running an already existing startup of Enactus EUR with 3 other
students. Together with your team, you grow your startup, make strategic decisions, become
aware of your need group’s struggles and ensure that the startup creates positive social
impact while being financially sustainable. Depending on the startup’s development phase,
you will be creating or tweaking the business plan, maintaining contact with social
organizations, building prototypes.
About the venture
Smaak aims to integrate immigrants and refugees from diverse backgrounds into the Dutch society. In doing so, they are trying to set grounds for a catering business. By following their passion and communicating in dutch while organizing the catering and cooking, sMaak is helping these people in furthering their integration process by helping them escape loneliness and be more financially independent. Because the women comes from different backgrounds they found two things they share: a passion for cooking and finding each other in a new country!
The focus of Smaak is on growth and stabilization as it is in the late stage of our building-ventures-framework . You and your team will be focusing on finding more customers, fine-tunning the business model, and preparing the venture for exiting Enactus EUR.
What we offer
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully build a self-sustaining social
- Recruit your own team in September!
- Gain knowledge and practical experience in conducting research
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful
framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s
capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we look for
- Creativity – you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness – willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure.
Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability – people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through
on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for
people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being
a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so
we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- As a team leader, 14 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position. As a team member, 10 hours a week is expected.
- The duration of the position is from June 2019-2020