Do you want to take on the challenge of being the leader of a social startup?
About the team leader position
As a team leader, are responsible for the coordination and motivation of your team.
Making sure that your team is as cohesive and productive as possible will be one of
your main tasks. Together with your team members, you will be responsible for
brainstorming ideas, contacting companies and institutions, and making critical
decisions about the venture. You will be the person accountable for the progress of
the venture and as well as the main contact with the board. You will have the
opportunity to recruit your own team in September as well as have the flexibility to
determine the objectives of your venture depending on its stage and need. Each
venture is coached by one person of the board to guide you and support you in your
About the team member position
You will be responsible for running an already existing startup of Enactus EUR with 3 other
students. Together with your team, you grow your startup, make strategic decisions, become
aware of your need group’s struggles and ensure that the startup creates positive social
impact while being financially sustainable. Depending on the startup’s development phase,
you will be creating or tweaking the business plan, maintaining contact with social
organizations, building prototypes.
About the venture
54% of elderly in the Netherlands sometimes feel lonely. With RotterJam, we fight
this issue by bringing together elderly and student volunteers to make jam out of
seasonal ingredients. The jam is then sold at currently two stores in Rotterdam. In
the jars, customers find a note which invites them to send their greeting to the
jam-makers! Awesome, isn’t it?
The focus of RotterJam for the coming year is on scaling: we want to have an even
bigger impact, work with more than two elderly homes, expand the partnerships with
retail stores and build a stable structure for volunteers running the workshops.
Besides that, we are trying out new exotic jam flavours and take every chance to
increase the awareness of RotterJam at pitching contests! (We won at the Awesome
Foundation, check it out on our instagram: rotterjam.eur). RotterJam also receives a
lot of positive attention from business! This year we have a lot of contact with other
(social) entrepreneurs, investors, advisors and journalists (we even had a couple of
articles in the papers).
The framework of the business model and impact model is set, but there is a lot of
freedom to further accelerate and grow the venture. Will you help RotterJam become
circular? Perhaps you have an excellent idea to make the workshops more
independent? Or even a suggestion to make even more impact? Then apply to
become the next Team Leader or Team Member of RotterJam! If you have an entrepreneurial mindset
and a can-do attitude, then prepare yourself, you can achieve great things next year!
What we offer
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully build a self-sustaining social
- Recruit your own team in September!
- Gain knowledge and practical experience in conducting research
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful
framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s
capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we look for
- Creativity – you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness – willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure.
Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability – people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through
on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for
people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being
a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so
we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- As a team leader, 14 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position. As a team member, 10 hours a week is expected.
- The duration of the position is from June 2019-2020