By becoming an active member, you will gain practical knowledge and skills about what it’s like to develop a self-sustaining business. All for € 7.50 per month!
Current Available Positions:
BaanKompaan: Team Member
Are you passionate about testing a business model to ensure that it works?
We are looking for a team member for BaanKompaan, our start-up focusing on connecting disadvantaged youngsters in Rotterdam with job opportunities! BaanKompaan is in the testing phase, meaning that your focus as a team is to test different aspects of the business model as quickly and simple as possible. Because only this way you can keep on learning and redefining your ideas. Think of this as an iterative cycle of prototyping, experimenting and redefining. In short, together with your team, you will grow your startup, make strategic decisions, become aware of your need group’s struggles and ensure that the startup creates positive social impact while being financially sustainable.
We strongly encourage our members to join from any faculty or study at Erasmus – diversity in teams enhances our creativity and problem solving. At our organization we are driven by curiosity and growth mindset, thus we want to provide you with opportunities to learn and experiment. Most importantly, if you haven’t done so, you will discover your own strengths (and possibly development areas). This knowledge will help you learn and grow personally and professionally.
What skills and traits would help you to excel in this position?
- Quick learner – ability to learn on the job and take on new responsibilities.
- Demonstrate reliability – you exhibit a strong sense of reliability; people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Listen actively – good listeners are essential for teams to function effectively. You absorb, understand and consider different ideas.
- Participate actively – you come prepared for meetings, you listen and speak up in discussions.
- Be a great team player – you cooperate, pitch in to help and take one for the team.
- Exhibit flexibility – good team players roll with the punches; they adapt to ever-changing situations.
- Action-driven: important to test the different aspects of the business model.
About the positions:
- 3-5 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position
- You will join a team already composed of 1 team leader and 2 team members.