Do you want to experience what it is like to build a social start-up?
You will be responsible for a startup of Enactus EUR with 3 other students. Together with your team, you grow your startup, make strategic decisions, become aware of your need group’s struggles and ensure that the startup creates positive social impact while being financially sustainable. Depending on the startup’s development phase, you will be creating or tweaking the business plan, maintaining contact with social organizations, building prototypes.
The Innovation Team is a new venture of Enactus EUR which started this academic year. The overall mission of this Innovation Team is to reduce food waste in Rotterdam. Our current team follows different initiatives to tackle food waste on various sides. The three outputs which we are working on are vegetable-based spreads, chips-based fudges and coffee-based cups. All these outputs contribute to our mission as we use the rest-streams from a farmer and wholesaler. While we were developing these ideas, we validated the underlying assumptions about demand and supply. These validated assumptions are very useful for the next team as it ensures you to work on something which can work in the real world!
The task of the next team is to scale our current initiatives. Scaling may be challenging at times but it will surely also be an exciting journey for you and your team. The overall goal is to stabilize the venture with regards to its several outputs. Specifically, you need to focus on the production processes, the underlying logistics and distributors. The venture is not only exciting because of its social mission but also because it helps you to develop entrepreneurial skills and mechanisms which you can surely leverage in future
WHAT WE OFFER
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully build a self-sustaining social start-up
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Sharpen your business acumen
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Creativity– you do not only see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness– willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability– people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- Speaking Dutch is a prerequisite.
- We are looking for 1 team member. As a team member you need about 10 hours per week
- The duration of the position is from October 2019 until June 2020