Do you want to experience what it is like to build a social start-up?
You will be responsible for running a new venture of Enactus EUR with 3 or 4 other students. Together with your team, you grow your startup, make strategic decisions, become aware of your need group’s struggles and ensure that the startup creates positive social impact while being financially sustainable. Depending on the startup’s development phase, you will be creating or tweaking the business plan, maintaining contact with social organizations, building prototypes.
The Innovation Tank ignites the creative spark of Enactus: it develops a business model that addresses a social issue in Rotterdam. In order to do so effectively, a fast-paced eight week research and training boot camp is meant to guide you through the beginning stages. At the end of the eight week period, your team will have figured out its need group, researched its problem area and brainstormed potential solutions. In order to complete the boot camp you need to convince the board of Enactus of your original solution to an existing social problem, in a final presentation – but don’t panic just yet! the Impact Consulting and Measurement Committee (IMC) is there to solidify your idea and give you final advice before the presentation.
If your idea passes the test you get green light and have the rest of the year to develop and grow it further. Tools such as the business model canvas (plus), venture building workshops and testing your idea in the field will help you in doing so. Before you know it, you will have developed a bold idea into the blueprints to a successful, scalable and impactful business model, all assumptions tested, and ready to be launched!
If you have a sense of business, a passion for helping others and want to work closely together with like-minded people, this is exactly what you’ve been looking for! Apply for a position as member or leader of this accelerating team and realise your full potential.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Become part of the Innovation Tank (as you already done the research of the problem area they will focus on)
- Gain knowledge and practical experience in conducting research
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Sharpen your business acumen
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Creativity– you do not only see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness– willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability– people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- As a team leader, 14 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position. Team members 10 hours per week
- The duration of the position is from October 2019 until June 2020