As the chairman of Enactus EUR you’ll be head of one of the biggest Enactus teams in The
Netherlands. It will be your responsibility to set out the organizational strategy, ensure
organizational growth and progress and improve internal processes. As Chairman, it is
essential to have a generic overview of the organization and to stay up to date with the
start-ups, committees and the board. You should thus be knowledgeable about the
organization and able to share your opinion and expertise with the start-ups, committees and
individual members to help the organization grow.
It is also your responsibility to maintain a collaborative and communal atmosphere
throughout the organization and to ensure all members remain motivated throughout the
year. In this leadership position, you’ll have to make tough decisions, whilst taking into
consideration different points of view.
As the face of the organization, you will also have a responsibility to build and maintain
relationships with other Enactus teams, as well as with the (potential) partners and individual
members of Enactus EUR. You will be the contact person for Enactus Netherlands. In
addition to your Chairman responsibilities, you will also coach at least one of the Enactus
start-ups or committess, facilitating the implementation of Scrum, an Agile Management
technique. Furthermore, you are taking on a role to expand the network of partners, advisors, and alumni of Enactus EUR by building and maintaining relationships with relevant companies and individuals.
What we offer
- Gain valuable experience on how to successfully guide an organization
- Be the Head of the External Relations Committee and coach one venture
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful framework
for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s capabilities are
used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we look for
- Creativity – you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness – willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure. Failing is
part of learning.
- Reliability – people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through on
assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for
people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being a
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the organization
so we need motivated people that want to constantly improve Enactus EUR!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- Speaking Dutch is preferred.
- Approximately 18 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this position.
- The duration of the position is from June 2019-2020
- A monetary compensation is given to all board members
Interested? Apply here!