Do you want to decide which problem area our next Innovation Tank Team should focus
on and have the opportunity to become the next Innovation Tank?!
About the position
As a team leader, are responsible for the coordination and motivation of your team.
Making sure that your team is as cohesive and productive as possible will be one of
your main tasks. Together with your team members, you will be responsible for
brainstorming ideas, contacting relevant stakeholders, and making critical decisions
about your committee. You will be the person accountable for the progress of the
venture and as well as the main contact with the board. You will have the opportunity
to recruit your own team in September as well as have the flexibility to determine the
objectives of your committee. Each committee is coached by one person of the
board to guide you and support you in your function.
About the committee
The Innovation Tank ignites the creative spark of Enactus: it develops a business model that addresses a social issue in Rotterdam. In order to do so effectively, a fast-paced eight week research and training boot camp is meant to guide you through the beginning stages. At the end of the eight week period, your team will have figured out its need group, researched its problem area and brainstormed potential solutions. In order to complete the boot camp you need to convince the board of Enactus of your original solution to an existing social problem, in a final presentation – but don’t panic just yet! the Impact Consulting and Measurement Committee (IMC) is there to solidify your idea and give you final advice before the presentation.
If your idea passes the test you get green light and have the rest of the year to develop and grow it further. Tools such as the business model canvas (plus), venture building workshops and testing your idea in the field will help you in doing so. Before you know it, you will have developed a bold idea into the blueprints to a successful, scalable and impactful business model, all assumptions tested, and ready to be launched!
If you have a sense of business, a passion for helping others and want to work closely together with like-minded people, this is exactly what you’ve been looking for! Apply for a position as member or leader of this accelerating team and realise your full potential.
What we offer
- Become part of the Innovation Team (as you already done the research of the
problem area they will focus on)
- Recruit your own team in September!
- Gain knowledge and practical experience in conducting research
- Develop your communication, networking, negotiation, and problem-solving
- Gain confidence and responsibility in the business industry
- Work with agile management technique; Scrum. A popular and successful
framework for problem solving.
- Work in a cross-functional team, which ensures that each person’s
capabilities are used to their full potential
- Contribute and attend the National Competition of Enactus Netherlands!
- Join an ambitious and friendly community of social entrepreneurs
What we look for
- Creativity – you do not see problems but also seek solutions
- Proactiveness – willingness to try new things without being afraid of failure.
Failing is part of learning.
- Reliability – people can count on you to get the work done, you follow through
on assignments and take complete ownership of your ideas.
- Team player – able to work in a team and willing to compromise.
- Time management – some weeks will be more work than others. We seek for
people who are flexible with their time and effort between university and being
a social entrepreneur
- Motivation – your actions and decisions will dictate the success of the committee so
we need motivated people that want to constantly improve it!
- Commitment – be dedicated to the work and effort your position requires.
- As a team leader, 14 hours a week will allow you to make the best out of this
- The duration of the position is from June 2019-2020
Interested? Apply here!